Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In Need of an Update

I just realized that I haven't updated my blog since Thanksgiving. With the holidays coming and going so quickly, I find myself getting into a rush and regret that I didn't slow down and enjoy the little things that make the holidays so special.
Christmas was spent with both Zach and my families. We spent Christmas Eve with his family and quickly rushed up to spend Christmas day in St. Louis with my family, only to have to rush back here for work Christmas night.
The new year rang in as quick as Christmas seemed to last. We spent New Year's day with Zach's family and headed home to spend the evening with Earl. I just wish that we had more time to spend with our families.
My birthday is the 10th, I turned 25. I guess I was expecting something great to happen, or expected to feel like a whole different person, but the day came and went with a bit of disappointment. I don't know what I was expecting to feel, but it seemed a bit of a let down. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the day. I worked in the morning, we went to a wedding in the afternoon and Zach and I spent the evening together, I guess I was just expecting to feel "brand new". Don't ask me why, I couldn't tell ya! Haha....
This weekend is something to look forward to, though. We get to spend the entire weekend with my family, whom I am just getting closer to all over again. I feel extremely bleesed to have them in my life and wish that we hadn't lost so much time together, but everything is working itself out in its own special time.
I can't thank God enough for bringing these blessings upon me. He is doing great things in my life and I'm just now realizing the person that I can become...Look out world, I'm new and improved!!

No comments: